Friday, March 24

DRAWING SHADOWS ON THE WALL
I am trying to adopt a new way of
looking at my work.
I need an alternate way of experiencing my work because I am finding that
I am lacking a critical and or fresh view of my work as I exist with it.
I create it but rarely enjoy it.
I find myself spending time working yet rarely reflecting on past or even current work. My head is bowed and I toil. Rarely looking up to see all the potential subject matter which surrounds me.
I have created a closed self-referential system, which lacks any potential of forward potential.
I am in Plato's cave and I am drawing the shadows on the wall.
The result is that I have deciced to use my blog to post my work and reflect on it. I will use this as an imaging tool to create discussion and and of my work. This resulting electronic document will enable me to account and amount my total and piecemeal comments. It will also be a site where commentary can be catalogued.
This will create a language and discourse to the work.
My fear is and always has been that my work has become a Temporary Labour. That it exists for my moment of labour and not outside of it. I want there to be more than just a material exixtence for the work. I know that there is more there but I do not appreciate it. I find no recouse and haven't for years.
So let this be the inaugrial day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home