Friday, March 24

Thursday April 20 2006

Last night I was working on a few things at once. In preparation of doing this blog I decided I wanted to show a couple of pieces.

The first one here is a print from a transparency onto a piece of paper.


I like the way it turned out. It looks like it turned out. It has this sort of print-feel and it seems like less of a painting.








This one combines an image of mine on photo-paper with a cut out imgage of a roller coaster. I tried to pay attention to the framing of the image on the paper I wanted to keep te natural outline of the image and extend the depth of the work by adding the coaster image. If anything i think it is a first step in me combining theese source materials. It is my first attempt.
I think this will be the first and primary document in a series I will call the Transaction series. I see it as a passage. A passage not just for a single body but a series of bodies or selves.


This next one is the first idea that I have sacraficed to paper in a series I am hoping to call the Minus Landscapes. I will be doing extensive work on this idea I think and it will be based on architecture that is taken out of its environment. And I would like to have various commentary about this. The main point of access being that architecure is not public, but private media and that using its likeness is a public phenonmenon. For this project I would like to follow the law to the point. To use it as my guiding force. I would follow the law to the letter and not photograph or reproduce the likness of a work of architecture for the sake of being sued by the builder.


This is my second attmept. I think it perhaps looks better. I think it presents the idea better by focuessing on the subtraction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home