Sunday, November 19

The Island of Taboga




Another weekend on vacation. This one came after a full week at our schools in Panama. I spent a week working with my grade 5´s teaching Science. This was a time to relax and see a bit more of Panama. I had the video camera for most of this trip so there are few images. I can say that me and my fearless group conquered a grand cerro that surprise, surprise had a cross at the top. Here we are at the top as we enjoyed a laugh and a beautiful view.
There aint anything in this picture of me but I thought I would show you how sweaty I really was. I cant say much of the island as we saw so little. We got there after a 45 minute boat ride, we did the cerro, ate some Swordfish and rice and then slept on the beach for 2 hours, before returning to Panama City during the middle of a rainstorm.









I would like to dedicate a space to our fearless leader Anne Souther. Whom after having a shitty time of it has endured another trecherous day. After having ripped open her shoulder after tripping and falling on a major boulevard, and having her laptop stolen from her room, she endured 4 stitches at the back of her head after slipping on the wet pavement outside of our room. Anne is still kicking and showing us all how is it done by grinning and bearing it, with a smile on her face and an attitude that has been just phenomenal.


And for anyone that does not know where I am in Panama the above image should explain it. I am where the Red Star is in the Ciudad of Panama. The water that is running through the country is the part that was flooded about 100 years ago to make way for the Panama Canal. This is called Gatun Lake. The water mass on top is the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific is to the south. So as you can see it is not an east west situation, it is north and south. The next image shows the land mass of Panama as it is sandwiched between Costa Rica in the north and Columbia to the south. This combined with the otehr map images above should give a better idea as to where we all are.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home