Monday, October 23


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageWork
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I flash, I judge.

I am responsible to my object as I am different from it.
Photography is an action that imparts a permanence to the moment.
Then idea is mine. I possess it and I possess it without responsibility.
How can I even begin to claim it?
An image has no meaning by itself; it is as plastic as the film it is recorded on.
The memory of the mind and the image suffer the same fault;
they can “lie but never stand up”.

Each image is a claim and heresy at the same time.
“I wish I had a camera.”
“It did not turn out.”

The flash is a shot and it injures what it notices.
The image is a lie since it cannot be the truth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-quote taken from Lou Reed “Pale Blue Eyes”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home